Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I am a big fan of Easter, it is truly one of my favorite holidays. I don't want to get too cheesy, since this is just a blog... but let's just say I love any opportunity to openly celebrate and express gratitude for the wonderful gift of the Atonement in my life :)

Since I could not be with family up in Phx. to celebrate, I did the next best thing--spent it with members of my ward family! My roommate, her fiance, & I made a pork roast (got the recipe off of one of Monica's recommended blogs for recipes [thanks!]) and had a nice dinner with a few other people in our ward.

I like hosting get-togethers ("parties" as some call them in the college world) however, in reverence for the Sabbath and also for Easter, I decided to keep the guest-list (haha) simple and had only a few friends over with whom to celebrate. [check out that proper grammar Cha!] I made cupcakes and a heart-shaped cake that said "Easter is about LOVE" and we watched The Testaments--which is a great Easter movie! It was a lot of fun and still spiritually uplifting... so yet another good time spent with my friends down here in Tucson :)



Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Nathan & Aubrey said...

Oh no you didn't! There is no such thing as "just a blog."

Yay! Nothing brings me greater joy at 6am than reading your blog Ü

Carca said...

sounds like you had a great Easter!!!! Love the cupcakes!!!!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

you are tooooo cute! and such a great example to me =) love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gavin Parents said...

Glad you had fun; but your family sure did miss you. Your chocolate bunny is on your dresser patiently waiting for you to return....