Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Institute Date Dance

By popular demand... here is a pic of me and my date, Adam, at the "You Got Served" Girl-Ask-Guy Sadie Hawkins Institute Date Dance which I had to [help] plan. (can you tell there wasn't much unity with the activities committee on the title/theme of the dance??) Couples had to dress in matching attire... so we went as preppy/east coast snobs (not to be confused with East Coast Subs--a very popular restaurant in my neighborhood) While date dances tend to be awkward, that was not the expression we were trying to convey in this picture... this is our best "snob face"... sorry if there is any confusion.



This is a pic of us strutting the "red carpet" for the dance off... I laugh every time I look at this picture. And you can't much tell by the looks of it, but most everyone who came was dressed up too...




We had a best-dressed couple contest--Mario & Luigi won



Here is the EQ pres of one of the wards & his date


And if you look at that poor "red carpet" (which was nothing more than butcher paper taped to the dance floor) imagine that it didn't last nearly the entire night... by the end it was literally shredded into a zillion pieces across the dance floor. It was kind of a neat effect.


"Missionaries" (It's a cool costume even if you actually are LDS)



"Pirates" ...kind of



And lastly... Adam's face in this one cracks me up every time...



There ya go!

7 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahaha! LOVE it! Adam looks like he needs a tennis racket with his outfit, and you need a purse! j/k =) love the photos--looks like a BLAST!!!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hmmm, after looking at his hat, maybe golf clubs instead! =)

Nathan & Aubrey said...

I love it! You have a lot of creative people down there. So what was the "You Got Served" theme supposed to produce?

Also, when did the church start allowing co-ed missionary companions? I totally would have served if I knew....Ü

Nathan & Aubrey said...

Young, 'un-married' companions that is....

Brenna said...

How fun! I love the red carpet idea! YOu look so cute too!

Carca said...

What fun!! Love the dress...save it and I will wear it as a bridesmaid at your wedding!

The Gavin Parents said...

Looks like so much fun! Was it? I like the pix of you "strutting" and I like the dancing of the EQ pres. Such creativity with the red carpet; your idea, I assume?