Monday, April 7, 2008

PSA part 2

When playing racquetball,
Try your hardest not to stand between the ball and the wall, or this could be your** face:


**Unless, of course, you dig that whole pouty Angelina Jolie look... in which case try to make sure your partner hits you square in the kisser so you too can have plump, and more importantly symmetrical, kissable lips ;D


If you're not convinced by now that all I do in Tucson dream up fantastic new ways to hurt myself, read on...

Somehow within the past month or so, I have no idea how but, I broke the 2nd toe on my right foot. It may have been from doing the Ragnar Relay, but I didn't really feel anything at the time of the race... Well I had just kind of ignored it all month, but suddenly I awoke one morning to my toe in excruciating pain! And it looked like this:


Note the boa-constrictor-that-swallowed-a-dog look of my joint protruding out the side of the 2nd toe on my right foot compared to the toe on my left. It was swollen and hurt too much to wear flip flops (however, given my last PSA I think it best I stay away from flip flops for awhile anyway) and I had NO clue what cause the sudden inflammation. I did the best I could to "re-set" it myself and taped it to my other toe to straighten it out.

So re-cap:
1. Be alert while playing racquetball
2. Breaking your toe is completely unavoidable

6 comments:

The Hunts said...

Sounds bad! But I can't see the pictures :(
I still give sympathy though!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

i can't see the pics either! I'm sorry you keep getting hurt--and WHOA, that's take things into your own hands by re-setting it yourself! my main concern however is--what about our foot modeling career my foot twin? did you have those puppies insured? =)

Carca said...

poor thing...I can't see the photos..but it sounds bad...can egg whites heal a broken toe j/k???

The Hunts said...

Ewwww....I just shivered.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

OUCH! the pictures came through now...poor girl! You look like you need the assistance of a domestic violence shelter!

The Gavin Parents said...

Owwww looks painful! Lip AND Toe. Come back so I can take care of you...