Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crazy Sleeper

By now it's a well-known fact that I do crazy things in my sleep--the main catalyst for such occurrences is stress/sleep depravation. So it's finals week and I was trying to stay awake to write a paper Monday night but i just couldn't cut it and fell asleep on my computer. I woke the next morning and checked my phone's inbox--just to make sure I didn't miss any texts. I had two. The first was my friend texting me at 1am that night saying his roommate was snoring and he wanted to know of a good practical joke to play on him to make him stop (I have a reputation for pranks/jokes so this is not an uncommon request haha). The second text was my same friend saying "Oh, that's definitely a two person job... got anything easier?" WHAT?! I hurriedly checked my 'sent messages' box and saw what I had replied to him in my sleep:
"suffocation :)"

Apparently my subconscious has it out for my friend's roommate? But maybe I'm just out to get anyone who tries to disrupt my sleep during the worst week of any college student's life. ;)

8 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That is HILARIOUS, CRAZY.....and SCARY!!! I'm glad you're documenting this should you ever need proof in court that you REALLY DO do crazy things in your sleep! =)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Hahahaha. I laughed out loud! I've only sent two text messages IN MY LIFE! Because they are hard to do (and b/c it costs me when I do them). Anyway, the point being I could hardly type them when I was fully awake, how do you do it in your sleep---with a 'smiley face' no less! :)

P.S. How come you haven't joined the SSG blog yet?

Nathan and Aubrey said...

P.S. Today Monica gave me the title of 'Funniest Sister' on my blog....but I think that was before she read your post. I think you are trying to steal my title Ü

Carca said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time....I am still laughing.

Brenna said...

That is awesome!!!! You are too funny! You could prob. do your school work in your sleep as well so you can quit depriving yourself now lol!

The Gavin Parents said...

Oh my! I would say that is a sure cure for snoring! You sometimes have over 3,000 text messages in a month. I wondered how you did so many...I guess you really do text in your sleep. I was drinking hot chocolate as I read & almost spewed everywhere as I laughed out loud!

The Gavin Parents said...

Rocky was here & I told him he HAD to read this posting. He thought it was funny & offered an anit-snoring device: Cheetos cheese-puffs in the nostrils.

Colton said...

Holy crap, make it stop...this is not good for my stomach muscles. You are the most terrific freak I have ever heard of...I mean, I have had encounters with people sleep talking and such, but I had no idea that your subconscious motor skills were so developed. At least you didn't say anything more revealing. FANTASTIC!