Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back 2 da 90s

This week I was informed that I will be getting released as an Activities Committee co-chair in my ward [I now teach Gospel Doctrine--which makes me realize: um, I think I kinda liked planning parties for a calling!]. For my last hoorah before getting released, our ward was in charge of the institute dance for this month. Our committee decided on the theme "Back to the 90s." Nay-sayers protested that the 90s were only 8 years ago, but they forgot that they were also 18 years ago!

I was a little nervous about coming up with enough things that were strictly "90s" but everything came together SO well! The music was all-request 90s: Spice Girls, Will Smith, boy bands, theme songs from 90s TV shows... The refreshments were a good reflection on what I remembered of food in the 90s: school lunches :) We had PB&J sandwiches, Squeeze-Its, Hostess snacks, Capri Sun, candy, etc.--so yummy!

Decorations were neon silhouettes of different members of the activities committee :)

Many awesome people actually dressed up!

We set up a vintage Nintendo on a projector complete with the original Mario Bros game--a BIG hit with the guys
(our bishop did have to "regulate" a little so the guys wouldn't spend the whole time video gaming)

By 10pm the dance floor was PACKED--so much that people started dancing even in the kitchen!

And the inspiration for my outfit?
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

8 comments:

Allison said...

paige, you look absolutely amazing!!!
i triple-dog-dare you to wear that to class on monday ;-)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Hahaha! LOVE THE OUTFIT! Now, did you have that family picture on display? With and outfit like that, I bet the dates will be rolling in next weekend!

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Oh, and holey-moley! Good luck teaching gospel doctrine!!!

Brenna said...

You are the hottest GD Teacher I have ever seen! And you look so much like Monka in that pic but with brown hair! Too funny! Well I guess you could say it is a compilation of all of us! That is one sweet photo! lol! you look so cute! You could get away with the outfit even now! maybe not so much the doo though...or the do-not I should say! Ha! but you make it look goooooood!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

What a fun party! That looks so cute and creative! You will be a great Gospel Doctrine teacher (that's seriously one of my fav. callings). Oh, and that last picture is eery...it's like looking at a picture of myself from back in the day! =)

The Gavin Parents said...

Wow! What a Dooooo!!!
Great party for your sayonara.
You'll be a great teacher. Congrats.

Carca said...

What a great idea....I love the menu!!!!! Good luck in your new calling.

Carca said...

hahah I just noticed the rollarblades on your shirt....sweet!!