Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day = Hooray

It feels like forever since I've had a break from school! I skipped my Monday evening classes & went camping with a bunch of friends to Peppersauce campground.

This is Jessica & I in my apartment getting ready to leave with all of our stuff! People made fun of me for bringing that teddy bear--it's just my pillow!






On the car ride up :)






Corey, Matt, & Mitchell
Of course we had to make a pit stop at McDonald's for dinner because, let's face it, we're not REAL campers... we're just bored students on an adventure.






Me, Jessi, & Corey

Oh and then we had to make another pit stop at Arby's because... the guys were still hungry

Jessi, Me, & Jillie

It was sooooo dang cold the three of us just got into one of the cars and sat with the heater on while the guys set the tents up & built a fire



Derek & Robert

Thanks guys! :)


Derek & Corey were SUPER happy to help!



The next morning a lot of people went back home but about 10 of us continued up the mountain to Peppersauce Cave--which is WAY awesome--and went spelunking!


Here's the entrance to the cave. You have to hike up the side of a wash to get to it. Once you find the cave you must crouch & slide in because the opening is only about 3 1/2 feet high. I don't even know how anyone would've found it in the first place!





Sadly I don't have any pictures of us in the cave... yet, but I found this one on Google of a guy sliding through this "rabbit hole" that we crawled under too. We hiked the cave about a mile in and found the lake in the very back! They still have no idea how deep it is--I can't believe people actually swim in that thing! Yikes!

The whole caving adventure was SO MUCH FUN but the most important detail is that we were covered in mud and dirt by the time we got out... I think it's pretty obvious, but to anyone who has not been a child:
dirt & mud = a good time!

Gavin Family Reunion 2009 anyone? :)

6 comments:

Colton said...

I love Peppersauce! Nothing like getting exhorbitantly muddy while crawling down Earth's pie-hole.

Which reminds me, have you ever watched Pushing Daisies? I think...I love it.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

SO FUN!! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself down there. Cool pics too. It's so fun to see what you're up to! =)

Allison said...

i don't like the whole 'cave thing'.

it creeps me out, and i'm happy a monster didn't eat you alive like i told you it might. ;-)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahahaaa! I've totally gotta call you now! =) (I'd love to talk to ya anyway =)

Brenna said...

Awww that looks like so much fun! And you look dang cute by the way!

The Gavin Parents said...

Such gorgeous girls you both are! Of course they guys would be happy to help. That is nice that they set up the tents etc. Caves are way coo, and way scary too! Glad you're having fun.