Monday, December 8, 2008

9:05 AM

Yesterday I rolled out of bed at 9:05 exactly. I remember the time vividly--like some horrible nightmare--because, surely it wasn't really 9:05... 9:05 means that church started five minutes ago and that someone else is cursing my name & filling in for me on the organ last-minute. It means that the music chairperson is wondering how someone could be so flaky as to miss Sacrament meeting without notifying anyone. It also means the sunday school president is sweating because he wonders who is going to be here to teach next hour... YIKES!
(don't worry, I made it in time for sunday school at least)

It was one of those nice, humbling experiences.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to anyone else?!?

[that's an invitation for you to share a story--if you so choose--to make me feel better] :)

7 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

nope. can't say that it has.



=) But I DID miss a final exam once because I got the days/times mixed up. Does that count? Luckily it was for a religion class at BYU, so the prof. went easy on me and let me re-schedule to take it. (I only realized I had missed it when a friend asked me where I was during the exam! =)

Allison said...

you're having a real problems sleeping during things lately. ;-) haha

*as you're pointed out in a classroom of 140 people for being the girl that sleeps all the time during class* haha

Steven and Chelsea said...

often i have thought that steven sets the alarm and he thinks i did it. when we wake up at 859 or later we realize we're late for church and have less than an hour to get ready and get there to teach. sometimes we even feel guilty enough to go to our church and then to our parents ward so we can get take the Sacrament.

Colton said...

No, I've never heard of this happening to anyone actually. I can't believe that you would stoop this low.

;)

I find the easiest way to avoid these situations is to have no talent.

Cha said...

Once when I lived in Provo I went to St. George for the weekend and planned to drive back Sunday morning in time to play the piano(er, keyboard) for sacrament meeting. I miscalculated the time I needed to get back so then I drove fast trying to make up for it... That was the day I got a ticket for 110mph. :(

Feel better now? :)

Paige said...

yes :)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

I think Monica has a short memory. I heard she almost missed her own wedding because she didn't take the Arizona/Nevada time change into mind when scheduling her 10am marriage Ü


P.S. I *almost* used this post as an example in my YW lesson this week. The topice: Being Dependable. Ü Ü No joke Ü