Saturday, December 6, 2008

Semi-Winter Formal Dance

Get it? Semi-winter because it's Arizona and we never get a real winter... haha I thought it was clever. The institute council put on this amazing dance--catered dinner, BEAUTIFUL decorations, & the opportunity to get a little spruced up (a switch from my everyday sweats & t-shirt attire I wear to class haha--and how could I refuse a chance to wear my favorite dress?).

I was excited to hear about it, however there was one little tiny snafu in my plan for a fun-filled evening: it was a date dance...

I HATE date dances. They're always so awkward! As soon as I found that out, I decided on being "out of town" that weekend--regardless of whether I actually would be or not. I really dislike activities where a date is mandatory. Seriously.

~~Luckily~~ I happened to be asked by Greg Crowther who is one of the coolest guys in Tucson--he's awesome and it completely changed my attitude about going to this dance... and WOW does he know how to dance! I will mention that I also hate dancing (like, couple's style) because I'm not very good at it... but Greg is so good I literally closed my eyes and he pretty much just twirled my & threw me around the dance floor haha. It was such a blast!

Greg & Me

Roomies
Me & Kayla


Group shot!
Kayla, Ryan, Me, Greg, Kami, Joseph


"Serious Faces"
...as serious as we can get anyway

Front: Greg, Me, Odassis Back: Kayla, Joseph, Kami, Ryan


Amazing decorations!
For the 2 weeks leading up to the dance there was a table set up in the institute where you could make foil stars for the dance & dedicate them to your friends. Then they hung them all up across the dance floor using fishing line--genius!

The theme was "Skating with the Stars" and they used lights & fake snow to turn the dance floor into a skating rink (...there was also a "Caution: Thin Ice!" sign too) :P


Group shot of the folks at our dinner table
Front: Warren, Greg, Derrick Back: Lindsey, Me, Whitney

This picture is a good sample of just HOW MUCH FUN the dance was:
Joseph & Kami


Carlin & Laurel :)


Ben & Tiara... check out that maroon suit!


Photographers for the evening :)
Nikki & Jeff


Jessica & Tim


This is probably the most fun I've ever had at a dance! Being a YSA? not so bad :)

9 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Go Paige--lookin' as beautiful as ever! What a ton of fun. I'm glad you went and enjoyed yourself!!!! =)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

See? Now aren't you glad you went? Your dress is gorgeous and your date looks like the best dressed to me. I like the heigh-proportion-ratio of you two in the first picture Ü.

Nathan and Aubrey said...

That's HEIGHT-proportion-ratio. These things are important. I just noticed his cuff links too....very classy!

The Gavin Parents said...

That looks SOOOO fun!!! I'm glad someone fun asked you & glad you had such a great dress to wear. You look WONDERFUL! Getting everyone to make the stars by
"dedicating" them was GENIUS! I love the "semi-winter" theme.

The Gavin Parents said...

It's important to have fun at college. That includes dances. How about taking a fun class in school....dancing! It is good exercise & is fun & will make attending the YSA dances more fun too!

Paige said...

I don't have time for "fun" classes!

jk :)

erika said...

How fun! And I love that dress of yours!

Allison said...

at least someone fits into their prom dress from high school.... *sigh* jk jk.

you and your date should've won 'snazziest dressed'

i feel i should bust my dress out during break, and we could go someplace fun in them...like the grocery store. ;-) haha

Steven and Chelsea said...

i agree with allison...snazziest dressed for sure! and we should find somewhere fun to wear our prom dresses over break! grocery store for some jones or ice cream sounds perfect!