Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Memory: Dance Dance

Last night I happened upon a printout of my old myspace blog from my senior year of HS/1st semester @ the UofA. It's funny to see that the kinds of things I find humorous haven't changed a bit :) A few of those posts are absolute gems and since every blog needs some sort of catchy alliteration series (e.g. wordless wednesday, friday face, etc.) I feel to present...

Monday Memories
excerpts from my life in 2006


Friday, February 3, 2006 2:30pm
"Anything you can do, I can do better..."
Current mood: cheerful
I guess I would say I'm sort of a competitive person. Today in dance, Bobby Walters and I were just talking about being able to kick our legs really high. He said that, back in the day, he could probably kick his foot over my head. I was like, "Well I'm sure I could kick my foot over Trisha right here and now..." BAM!!!

No, I didn't hit her in the face. That loud noise was the sound of gigantic white girl booty crashing onto the stage floor and reverberating throughout the auditorium. I kicked my right leg up with so much force it pulled my left leg out from beneath me (the slippery ballet shoes didn't help either). A quite hush fell over the stage and the silent, piercing motion of all heads turning simultaneously in my direction was enough to have knocked me over again, had I been standing. Surprisingly, I injured nothing, except maybe my pride... meh. I did what I had to do: laughed it off (really hard) and kept dancing.

I like to think of the positives of the whole situation:
1. I got quite the humbling come-uppance from Bobby
2. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time
3. I am now a living legend within the 1st hour dance class as the first person since the class started (4 weeks ago) to fall (especially with such style)

Currently listening to: "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional

Tune in next week for "Monday Memory: Car Crash"

3 comments:

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Super Silly! Hugely Hilarious! Crazy Comical! Most Mirthful!

Alright, I'm done with the alliteration.

Colton said...

I thought you were kicking her in the head, for sure. I've done that to my sister before.

Hilarious.


What's also funny is thinking that 2006 was so long ago to you. I'm getting old. I had already been out of High School for five years...

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh I'll be tuning in for next Monday's edition for sure!!!

Too funny--I think I remember reading that the first time around because the phrase 'the sound of gigantic white girl booty' sounds so familiar...

or maybe it's just because I have Holyoak genes too. =)