Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's

Yesterday there was a chili cookoff at work between one of the residents, an RA, and the complex director's boyfriend (Torry) who also happens to be my supervisor's supervisor (did ya catch that?). Anyways Joseph was hanging out with me at the desk during the cookoff so we got to participate in the tasting and voting. I think the following email indicates which contestant was NOT the winner...

----- Forwarded message from Torry B-B -----
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:33:39 -0700
From: Torry B.
To: Paige G.
Subject: Paige is Terminated - ineligible for rehire!!!

Paige;

Please accept this email as official notification that your employment status at the University of Arizona, and within Residential Education is considered TERMINATED.

Due to your inability to decipher good chili from great chili I'm left with no choice but to remove your position as Desk Manager effective immediately.

Ok that's all a joke, but honestly I lost by two votes (deservedly so because I was lacking meat). Had you voted for me it would've been a tie and had your friend voted for me also I would've won!!!

Torry B.
Assistant Director - Residential EducationHall Operations - Student Staff Selection and Training - The University of Arizona

"Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves"
----- End forwarded message -----

Reading this almost gave me a heart attack at first because if I really was getting fired, it would be by Torry! Whew, happy april fool's day

6 comments:

Joe said...

his chili was disgusting! it tasted like cardboard, ketchup and nastiness, how did he only lose by 2 votes?

Colton said...

That is actually a really good joke!

Although I feel that next time Torry should try not sucking, and then you might vote for him!

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Who makes chili without meat?

Also, LOVE your new header!!! How'd you do that?

Paige said...

I was celebrating with friends on the eve of my 21st birthday so we took pictures with my camera's shutter open while spelling my name in sparklers...

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WOW--that would've made my heart skip a beat!!!


By the way...it sounds like you have a really tough job. ;-)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Your header is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way...i'm counting down until you're back on FB. All my cool pics were posted by you. Now I only have lame tags from 2004 ;-)