Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Memory: Love Letter

Since it's Monday the 13th (don't look out your window!) I thought I'd post a creeeeepy monday memory--this one always makes me shudder... enjoy :)
Friday, February 24, 2006 7:12pm
"Interesting encounters of the Hollywood Video kind"
Current mood: amused
So my coworker, Alicia, found the following note while straightening movies tonight. [side note from 2009: Alicia & I later theorized that the author of this note had strategically placed it there for her to find--poor girl.] The front had, in lovely cursive writing "For you, my love" written on it. And within:
Looking for the love of my life...
I am looking for an honest, faithful, good, white woman, who believes in Jesus.
She must be weight-proportionate, under 35 years old, have a good sense of humor, and be interested in many things.
She must love good conversation, be romantic, quiet, and enjoy being feminine.
She must love to wear dresses.
She must have a sense of style--and fun!
She must be able to appreciate the romantic things offered to her.
She must want to be submissive and obedient to her man, who loves her, and would die for her.
Yet, she must have her own mind.
Once, I had a girl like you... and I loved her deeply.
I had only to feel her touch, hear her voice, look into her eyes, smell her perfume, and I was in a universe of bliss.
If I find that kind of woman again, I will never let her go.
We were very happy, alive, and growing.
But now, she is gone forever...
I would love to love again.
Do you believe in love?
Do you believe in grace, meaning , and beauty?
If so, please send me an email with a recent photo of yourself, and hopefully we can see each other soon.
"Love never dies,"
-Searcher
**All I have to say about this is, I think I've found my prom date**
Commentary from 2009: The note starts off innocent enough, but about half-way through the stalker radar starts going nuts. Creepiest sentence ever: We were very happy, alive, and growing. Eeyeeesh. That one always haunts me.
Side note: I think I've met at least 3 suspects capable of authoring this note at the Institute down in Tucson...
Next week's MM: Bathroom Blunder

5 comments:

Colton said...

You FOUND it! Oh Paige, let's sprint away to Narnia together and quit shaving our legs.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WOW---majorly creepy! that guy's pretty desperate if he's resorting to leaving notes around for people (a.k.a high school girls) to find! Colton's comment cracked me up too =)

Nathan and Aubrey said...

Sounds like his former lover was alive.....but then he killed her! Creepy! Why she gotta be white?!?!

DJ Tanner said...

Oh, please tell me I am one of the people you've met whom you deem capable of writing this kind of creeperie.

The Gavin Parents said...

I remember when you brought that home! It was scary! Stalker, creepy, killer, control-freak!