Friday, July 17, 2009

Gilbert Fun

It's the summer so I don't do much. I help Chanda by day, providing a warm body to be around the house in case the kids forget how to dial 911.


Treyton playing with the neighbor kid known simply as "Nico's brother" since the kids can't remember his name is Darien. I guess that sort of thing is okay when you're only 6.



By night I do what I can to be social. They like the game nights here in Gilbert. This pic is from a couple weeks ago. This particular evening I was playing a game of Risk and Chess... at the same time. And I won both. I don't miss the deadlines, but I really enjoy the brain-stimulation of school. Kidding ;)

While Gilbert and Tucson are both magical places of lagging left-turn arrows on the traffic lights, Gilbert has something Tucson apparently can only dream about:

Oh yes, the safe place: QT. Home of the 59 cent Summer fountain drinks. And the Horchata smoothies. Oh and those delicious taquitos. And the doughnuts. Yummm... On second thought, it's a good thing QT is so far from me during the school year--when I crave unhealthy convenience food the most.

8 comments:

Nathan and Aubrey said...

That boy Cody is *always* dressed up Ü I've only seen him three times, but it's always in a shirt and tie Ü

Allison said...

I swear by QT! 2 more weeks until I'm back in AZ, and sippin on my 50cent QT fountain drink.
Good stuff! (And you're SO right about their taquitos! Delish!)

Joe said...

I'm proud of the chess winning :) in case you were wondering

TexasTwinsTwice said...

FUN!!! Way to go winning BOTH games while playing at the same time??!!! Impressive!

oh, and judging from what I've seen in Tucson, you are right. There are no 'safe' places =)

The Gavin Parents said...

Yea QT; especially hot chocolate in the winter.
WOW blogging 3 days in a row! Way to go Paigey Lou.

kristine said...

Paige! I found your blog! Yay! I'm so glad you're in Gilbert for the summer!

Brenna said...

Nico's bro! that is too funny! sounds like you are having a relaxing summer!

Brenna said...

Now ummm I do recall that you were going to come hang out with me for a week....hmmmm I wonder if it will happen now that school is fast approaching?!? I sure hope so!!!