Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MistleToga 2009

Prepare for a wild ride...



Ok not really. But whatever.

Side note: Don't you love "guy" togas? Super-wrinkled & Spiderman. Wonderful haha

So this was my 3rd annual Tucson MistleToga Christmas party. I don't like being around large groups of people for long periods of time so I ducked out after about an hour and hid at my neighbor's much quieter apt for much of the rest of the evening. I am pretty good at the whole absentee hostess thing.

I didn't take many pictures. Sorry. We had a good turnout though...

This is my home teacher Ammon:



Side note: he is the BEST home teacher. Ever. He's always checking up on us and begging us to find stuff he can do for us. I'm pretty busy so... I'll admit: I don't often clean out my rotten food from the fridge. In order to give him "an opportunity for service" as a good home teacher I asked him to dump my leftovers for me... He cleaned our fridge, dumped a TON of nasty food I had made like 3 months earlier, AND washed the dishes. The next week he brought us roses--one for each girl in the apartment. Yesterday he brought us ice cream. This kid hasn't even been on his mission yet and he's already got a leg up on how to treat a lady ;) What a stud!

Okay back to the party...



This is Jillie. You may remember her from past performances such as she-hulk

The most awkward moment of the evening came when some of these kids (who were friends-of-a-friend-of-a-friend type thing):

showed up with... uh... something that you would find at probably any other college party except a MORMON one. As soon as I saw them bring it in I explained that this wasn't one of those kinds of parties... so they went and put it in their car. It was SUPER awkward though because all the other 40 people in my apt just stopped talking. It was silent. No one knew what to do...



It was shortly after that when I snuck out to go next door :)


So yah, the night of awkwardness shall be summed up in this next photo:



:)

5 comments:

j@nAe said...

Oooh, awkward about the alcohol! (I'm assuming that's what it was ...) Especially that everyone goes silent. Oops. It was sure nice of them to be willing to share, even if no one wants it. Remind me of that Prop 8 stump that an LDS ward did with one of the local synagogues - and the synagogue provided donuts and coffee. The donuts disappeared, but they had a LOT of left over coffee!

Colton said...

Maybe it was a keg of root beer! Don't judge!

Okay, probably not. But isn't it great that your party felt so inviting that random substance abusers showed up?

Paige said...

eeeeyeah it was a handle of vodka.

I thought it was water at first and that someone was playing a joke on me... but then I saw the half-naked toga-girl carrying it and realized it wasn't

TexasTwinsTwice said...

what is a 'handle' of vodka?! you've obviously learned too much in college. =) sounds like a fun party...loved hearing the details.

Allison said...

Haha! You left your own party?! You didn't tell me this!