Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Next time...

I will check the forecast before I go on an 11 mile run. It started POURING around mile 6 but I had to keep going because I was still 5 miles from home.

Oh do I not look completely drenched in that first picture? Consider that my shirt is supposed to be light green:



I had to wring out ALL of my clothes when I got home. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I had to run home through campus and everyone I passed most likely thought I was nuts. And I saw many smirks and chuckles at my mascara... which probably ran further than I did. I looked like a member of Kiss.


I cleaned most of it off on my sleeve before I got home, but you can still see a little...

Countdown to Ragnar: 17 days
[I'm runner 12]

8 comments:

j@nAe said...

Reason 1 I don't run long distances: once you're half way you have no choice but to do the whole thing. :)

That is super funny, though. I laughed about your mascara. I bet it looked so awesome!

Aubrey said...

nice pun Ü

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hahaa--that is too funny. I wish I could've witnessed it. =)

Colton said...

Ha! That is why I don't run long distances. And by "that" I mean "I'm lazy".

Your mascara thing reminds me of that episode of 30 Rock where she tries to drive the guy out of her new flat by being super emotional and crying so that her mascara runs all over her face, but then found out that he was gay and really sensitive so it just strengthened their relationship.

Allison said...

^To the post above: I love that episode.

As much as I love you, if I saw you running through the rain sopping wet, I would be one of the people indoors lauging at you. ;)

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

I would have taken the opportunity to make a slow-mo run down the stairs of the pink apartments and met you out in the rain to kiss your beautiful face... rain kisses mmmm:) (Don't tell Joseph!)

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

Hey! Any progress that I would like to hear about yet hmmm?

Josie Thompson said...

Wow can we say dedicated?? You are amazing and it makes people like me feel like a bum! I wish you lived closer so we could play lots, an dyou could rub off on me!!! Love you Paige!