Friday, April 30, 2010

The following picture sums up my life:

1. I hate planning a wedding.

2. I have a SUPER COOL job!!!

This sign is actually on the doors leading to the psych ward at one of the hospitals I visited today. (Apparently, most hospitals have a psych ward--lots of mentally unbalanced people in this world)

I miraculously (<--yes miraculously, but that's a whole nother story) got a job as a case manager at a community behavioral health service provider. So far it's really boring (because I'm not trained yet) but sometimes I get to shadow my co-workers when they do in-home visits or go to the hospital. This week I got to witness people yelling, staring at the wall, talking to themselves, hearing voices, everything. It was pretty cool to actually see real-world examples of the the symptoms & diagnoses I studied in school. Sooo cool.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Well you and I used to share a room, so you must know a *little* bit about being around crazy people :)





(Not trying to infer that sharing a space with you drove me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a rubber room. A rubber room with rubber walls. Rubber walls drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once.....)

Colton said...

That DOES sound cool.

I think I would have a hard time consistently dealing with crazy people, because if I spend enough time around anyone I invariably start acting like them. And acting like you're crazy isn't very far removed from being crazy.

j@nAe said...

We had a friend who worked the night shift in a psych ward and he always had the craziest stories! Poor people. :(

ps. if you decide to elope, text us and we'll make our way to vegas asap.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

You must've picked the perfect profession, because I'm still emotionally scarred by a visit I had to a psych ward once (not as a patient silly ;-). And I wouldn't blame you for the wedding type of elopement...just don't get caught in the double doors--that sounds painful.

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

Paigey! I got your cute announcement and bridal shower invite! I can't wait! You are going to shoot me but can I get your number one more time:/ Im sorry! And did you find a dress!! if not I have a few hahah let me know! Oh and I love and miss you:)