Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I haz un problem

As I was going through a patient's chart at work I noticed a self-scoring substance abuse worksheet. I didn't think it applied to me... until I looked at my monthly spending report for "restaurants" in September.


Answer true or false for each question and give yourself one point for each true answer.
Do I have a substance Taco Bell abuse problem?

1. My use of alcohol or other drugs Taco Bell has increased over the past year.

2. I have attempted to cut down on how much or how often I drink or use other drugs eat Taco Bell but have not been very consistent.

3. I have lied or minimized to family or friends about how much, or how often I drink or use other drugs eat at Taco Bell.
(To be honest, I knew I was eating there A LOT so I started buying it using my old debit card to keep it from showing up on our joint account as often ...I'm so ashamed)

4. I drink or use other drugs eat Taco Bell even when I have planned not to.

5. In the last year I have said to myself, or others, “I can quit any time,” or, “I don’t have a problem.”

And I know what you're thinking: "Taco Bell?? Gross!" But seriously, ever since they added that "fresco style" option to the menu I am craving it all the time. And, in my defense, fresco crunchy tacos are not all that unhealthy...ish.

Anyways, October is going to be Taco-free month for me. So far I've made it 5 days. Which is fantastic when you see that last month at this time I had already eaten there 3 times. It helps that I am cooking dinner more often too... leftovers for lunch have been helpful in reducing my burrito-lust. But I'm worried about a relapse.

Know of any 12-step programs that can help with my special problem?

10 comments:

Aubrey said...

Me too! I love Taco Bell because I think it taste good and it's super cheap. My heart broke when they raised the price of the Chicken Burrito from .99 cents to $1.29. I've since fled to the .99 cent Chkn Flatbread Sandwich. But at your bidding, I will try this "Fresco" thing.

SOBRIETY IS OVERRATED.

janae said...

Double decker taco supreme. Almost every day for an entire semester. That's all I gotta say.

Colton said...

My favorite part is that there are also charges to a "Taco Shop" and "El Taco Tote". You do really like tacos. Better than cheeseburgers! Maybe.

Kami Lynn Ferguson said...

Youuuu crack me up! The first step is admittal (is that a word?), right? So good job to you! Good luck on your Taco Bell-free October.. :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

hhhahahahah you've just gotten funnier now that you're married. Some people go in the opposite direction. Glad to see you're not part of THOSE statistics. But yes, it does look like you have another problem. =)

Steven and Chelsea said...

I was going to write the same thing as Colton. I think it's a taco problem, not just taco bell. The only cure I know for stopping a love for taco bell is getting food poisoning :( At least it's not super expensive to eat there!

JandA said...

That is hilarious!!! I couldn't stop laughing.

Kami Lynn Ferguson said...

Oh and by the way, I'm really proud of you for starting to make dinners. :)

Allison said...

I've been Taco Bell free since '87, sucka! (Only not really... but sort of).

I've been on the phone with you multiple times where you've said, "Hey, hold on. I'm in the drive-thru at Taco Bell. Give me a minute..."

You can do it!

L. Bryce said...

not only do you eat at taco BELL, you eat at Taco SHOP





lol