Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb 28, 2010

Exactly one year ago...

It was a rainy Sunday evening and we just got out of a fireside hearing Pres. & Sis. Gilliland of the Mesa Temple presidency speak. Joseph asked if I wanted to go for a drive and talk.

"About what?"
"Um... the fireside."
"Oh, okay!"

So we drove out to Tucson Mountain Park. [which happened to be the same place Joseph first told me he loved me] It had been raining all day but stopped just before we got out of the car and started walking. Joseph started talking about how much he liked dating me--nothing out of the ordinary, he has always been good about trying to make me feel appreciated--and then he gave me a hug. And his heart was POUNDING. And my mind was thinking... Nooooooooooooooooo!

And then he knelt down on one knee.




And I turned away from him and hid my face with my hands.




"Paige... Paige... ... ... ... Paige, please turn around."
"No."


"Paige... pleeeease? Please turn around."
"No."


"Pleeeease Paige?"
"Okay."


Then he asked me to marry him.













And I said nothing.



Finally he asked... "Well, what do you say?"

"What do you want me to say??"
"Well not that."
"Oh, right. Um..." And then I said yes.

As we walked back to the car... "Did that really just happen?" "Yeah, I guess so." "Cool."

And thus marked the end of a tumultuous boyfriend/girlfriend thing and the beginning of a pretty freakin cool committed relationship.



PS: for those who are wondering... I took a bite of the marshmallow and it was disGUSTing! It was not at ALL like an oversized lucky charms marshmallow. It was a bunch of little marshmallow bits smushed together. Tasted like dust. Blehh

11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Awwww....

Sasha Piton said...

Ummm I've heard the story before and... G'adorable every time.

Colton said...

I didn't know the details. That is just great.

Also, I had forgotten about the marshmallow, but that is just great.

janae said...

I hadn't heard that story before - sooooo funny. I want to say cute (and it is that too) but mostly it's funny. :)

ps. GROSS. You're gutsy for putting that thing in your mouth.

jillie said...

aww cute. that's the same night kyle held my hand for the first time. special! :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

awwww so happy for you!!! I didn't know how it went down either..you guys are too cute. =)

Steven and Chelsea said...

CUTE STORY! I thought you were talking about chess and he asked you...where did I get that from?

Allison said...

Where's the part where you picture texted me your hand and I called IMMEDIATELY.

I feel that's a pretty crucial detail you left out.

Ciacci said...

That is so hilarious! I love you guys!

Kami said...

Hahaha! I remember that night! You looked very suspiciously at me and I KNEW it was going to happen SOON!! I'm glad you posted this story again because I had forgotten the greatness of it. Only you. You're so funny! :)

And regarding that marshmellow... Yay for trying it, but boo for the result! I hoped it would have been better. But I suppose we all should have expected that!

Natchel said...

haha Poor guy! "What do you want me to say"?? You rock Paige! :) What a cute story