Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary



Yesterday we celebrated 2 happy years of marriage! We had dinner at Lodge on the Desert... as I write this post 14 hours later I am still full. It was so tasty.

This is a picture of the chocolate tort I had for dessert. It was so rich I couldn't even finish it.

So, we all know I was a less-than-stable girlfriend to Joseph and got cold feet A LOT while we were dating but I knew I would be okay marrying him if I just didn't over-think it. I likened my experience with getting married to cliff jumping. Instead of standing at the edge looking down at the water and wondering if it will be deep enough I'm glad I just started (metaphorically) running until I ran out of ground and was past the point of no return because marrying Joseph was the best decision I ever made. I am so glad I didn't mess that one up.

I should note: getting married is like cliff jumping but marriage itself is much better--particularly the lack of terrifying free-falls and wedgies.

PS: I went running at like 4:30 this morning so I am really tired.

8 comments:

Allison said...

I love this. Happy anniversary, you two. :) :) :)
(Also, your dress is very pretty)

Aubrey said...

What a cute couple! Congrats on two years. You are perfect for each other.

Ciacci said...

Aw...so cute! Congrats!

Colton said...

Yeah...you did pretty well for yourself, let's be honest.

In other news, I'm moving back to Tucson this weekend.

Rachel Watkins said...

I just love you two. Happy anniversary!

Kami said...

Haha -- It's true, your side note analogy of cliff jumping and marriage! I'm with you on that one. :) Happy anniversary!!

ParadoxNOW said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys. Glad to see you're doing well. This is an interesting blog you've got going here, Paige! Haha

mjm said...

sooooooo sweet!!!!!