Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Infermashunz

I got a job. FINALLY. Truth be told, I have really enjoyed this time of being a stay-at-home wife, probably because deep down I have a really lazy soul. 6 weeks of it and I'm still finding stuff to keep myself entertained (stuff which doesn't even involve the internet, or pinterest--whose addictive reputation still scares me from even checking it out). The main problem with being a SAHW, aside from lack of financial contributions to our household, is the shame when meeting new people: "So are you in school?" "No. I finished." "So do you work?" "No." "Have kids?" "No." Awkward silence. Well, not so any longer! Now I can tell them about being Provo's newest deputy probation officer. Yeeeah boi. But seriously, I'm stoked. I start on Monday.

Joseph has been plugging away at his lawr school studies. Here's a picture of him from orientation week:
What a handsome guy :)
 
So far I like living in Provo. It's like a Where's Waldo hunt for past acquaintances from old wards, high school, college, seminary, and EFY. Also as soon as September came BAM leaves started turning red/orange and the weather became cool. Witnessing the changes that happen with Fall is like suddenly seeing a leprechaun... I've read about them and seen them portrayed in movies but wait, you mean to tell me they actually exist?? I am stoked. (Not to mention we were watching the U of A football game 2 weekends ago and at 10pm in Tucson it was 97 degrees--ha!)
 
Whenever I rave about the weather here people always say "just wait until Februrary..." which makes me want to punch them in the face. Don't ruin this for me people!
 
However, on that note, I will report back once I have found out how cold 20 degrees and 3 months without sun feels...


5 comments:

janae said...

I love that you took a "first day of school" picture of him!! :)

Aubrey said...

i want to hear more about your job duties! i will experience fall vicariously through you....

Colton said...

Awww...wook at the widdle boy. Congratulations on being a contributing member of society, although I still maintain that contributing is over-rated.

And for the record, you didn't have to go all the way to Utah for seasons. The leaves are already changing in Flagstaff, just check out my Google+!

erika said...

I totally know what you mean about seasons. I get sooo thrilled when the leaves change and then when it starts to snow. It's pretty much all I can talk about!

Congrats on the job!

P.S. I want to have a game night with you two!

mjm said...

awwwwwwww...you made me think of the fall leaves in the canyons in Utah...nothing like it!

how does february feel?!! :-) your latest blog post answered that!