Sunday, September 23, 2012

This week in pictures

I started my job last Monday. I am supervising juveniles who have been court-ordered to complete community service. I find projects for them to do within the community (like pick up trash or paint over graffiti) and then make sure they do a quality job to earn their hours. On Thurs/Fri of this week I went to a training for all new state employees. They gave us temporary tattoos, ironically, right after giving us the talk about "professionalism in the workplace" which includes no visible tattoos.

Also to obtain this new job I had to have a Utah drivers license.

















Yessssss. Say goodbye to the mugshot. Although, to be fair, it has served me well in being a great conversation piece and I still keep it in my wallet for good times.

We are finally starting to get settled in here. It's funny that by moving to Provo we have been visited by family almost as much in these last 2 months as we did in the 2 years we lived in Tucson. This weekend my sister Chanda had business in Salt Lake, so we met up at Ikea in Draper for a little shopping/bonding. I scored the deal of a lifetime:

I have been wanting this chaise lounge for ohhhh about 3 years. I found it in the "as is" section for only $10 because it was missing the cover. Pretty sure they forgot a zero on the price, but I went and asked one of the employees and they said "yeah I guess it is 10 bucks, pretty good deal." I was actually going to pass it up because Joseph has taught me well "don't buy things you don't need simply because they are a good deal... that's how hoarders are made." But Chanda reminded me that it was worth more than $10 in firewood alone so I should do it. This is why sisters are good to have around!












So here it sits in our living room while I figure out what to do with it... and I am now one step closer to being featured on Hoarders.






















Last but not least, tonight I invented the most incredible dessert ever. It has only 2 ingredients and the prep time is about 4 seconds:

 
A spoonful of Nutella topped with whip cream.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

I LOOOOOOVE reading your blog. Always makes me smile!

Allison said...

On next week's episode of Hoarders, we find Paige...as well as several community feral cats buried under empty Nutella jars and IKEA MALM drawers.

janae said...

I *love* that couch! Back when Elijah was a newborn I designed our whole bedroom around the one I dreamed of buying. Apparently I need to frequent ikea more!

Emma Lee said...

i like the kittens...
Congradts on the job!!! I know you'll use your creativity.....

Cha said...

You left out the fact that regular retail is $389!!!!!
THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-NINE DOLLARS!!!!!

You could easily Craigslist it and quintuple your money if you truly can't find a use for it (and fear being a hoarder)...
I'm sorry, but I simply couldn't let you leave it at Ikea. :)

mjm said...

OH that was a good BUY!!! Good decision Paige & Cha!! :-)