Friday, October 19, 2012

I love this guy

He is turning 26 today. I cannot imagine what life would be like without him. Heck, I can't even remember what life was like without him!

7 Random facts about Joseph:

-His favorite color is green.
-He cannot function on less than 8 hours of sleep. He practically turns narcoleptic with anything less.
-His favorite movie is "mindless action and explosions." Essentially, his favorite movie is a genre.
-His best attribute is being very considerate. At the laundromat he cleans the lint out of the dryer AFTER he uses it so the next person doesn't have to.
-His favorite hobby is to know, do, and be good at everything. He is super-passionate about life. Sometimes I try to burst his bubble and tell him he can't do well in law school AND train for the 2016 summer Olympics but, hey, I have eaten my words on more than one occasion. Nothing is beyond Joseph.
-His greatest talent is optimism. When he was 9 and got his fingers chopped off he referred to the experience as a highly effective wart-remover. When someone is driving like a maniac and tailgating him he says "they probably just have to really really go to the bathroom."
-His other greatest talent is choosing to be happy. I know you shouldn't use the words "always" and "never" when describing a person but after living with him for almost 2 1/2 years I have never seen him angry. This is an incredible (and much appreciated) feat considering the dynamic mental/emotional tornado that is, well, me.

I feel very blessed to have this amazing guy in my life.

And now... we are off to Park City for the weekend to celebrate!

5 comments:

allisontucker said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH! YOU ROCK! :)

Aubrey said...

Awww....happy birthday joseph. Such nice things about a nice boy!

Okay, since he is 26 now, I guess he is a nice MAN.

janae said...

My favorite color is green, too. :)

Emma Lee said...

yay happy birthday to joe!

mjm said...

awwwww--I loved this post!!! I ALREADY thought Joseph was awesome, but to hear he has the same favorite color as me??!!! Well, he's just risen a few notches in my book. :-) love you guys--so happy you have each other :-)